FLAME ROASTED FREEKEH
- The traditional flame roasted green wheat of Palestine, used in soups and side dishes
- Freekeh cooks up firm and chewy, is filling with a distinct smokey and earthy taste
- Four times the fiber of brown rice with more vitamins and minerals
- Double the fiber and half the fat of quinoa, with 30% higher protein!
- Naturally organic Palestinian ‘Anbar wheat from the Marj Ben Amer fertile plain, the ‘breadbasket of Palestine’
- Green wheat is harvested in May, flame roasted and sun dried, rubbed and cracked – see the making of Freekeh video here!
- Good for two years, keeps best in refrigerator, freeze for long-term storage
- Freekeh recipes here!